KAYSVILLE — Kaysville Power Company crews were installing a new pole when a machine cut into a small residential gas line.
The incident happened at 11:30 a.m. Friday at 1760 W. Phillips St., said Kaysville Fire Chief Brett Larkin.
Emergency crews were called as a precaution, Larkin said. Questar crews repaired the line.
Larkin said no one was evacuated, but residents were told about the gas leak.
“It was just a small cut,” Larkin said.
Larkin said the area had been marked for gas lines before the digging, but the markers were not in the correct area.