Wednesday , July 21, 2010 - 3:10 PM
The 388th Fighter Wing Maintenance Professional of the Year awards for 2009 were held Nov. 20 to honor individuals and groups within the fighter wing that performed above and beyond their calls of duty throughout the year.
The event's guest speaker, Maj. Gen. Andrew Busch, Ogden Air Logistics Center commander, noted an important Air Force leader who raised the standards for maintenance professionals and made efforts to recognize those who reached his standards -- the late Gen. Wilbur L. Creech.
Busch informed the young Airmen packed inside the hangar that because of Creech, they can work in an environment that reflects their professional demeanor and be recognized with awards for their excellent work.
Those recognized the evening of Nov. 20 include the following:
* Support Section of the Year: Mission Support Flight, Supply Section
* Maintenance Section of the Year: Armament Flight
* Weapons Load Crew of the Year: Crew No. 7 -- Staff Sgt. Kanita Wilburn, Senior Airman Corey Yeggy and Airman 1st Class Thomas Mahoney
* Knuckle-buster of the Year: Airman Category -- Senior Airman Brian Niemczyk; Non-Commissioned Officer Category -- Tech. Sgt. Joshua Strulson
* Support Professional of the Year: Airman Category -- Senior Airman Andre Adorno; Non-Commissioned Officer Category -- Staff Sgt. William Helton; Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Category -- Senior Master Sgt. Valerie Lee-Block; Company Grade Officer Category -- 1st Lt. Donald Bolda
* Maintenance Professional of the Year: Airman Category -- Airman 1st Class James Outen II; Non-Commissioned Officer Category -- Tech. Sgt. Marshall Smith; Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Category -- Senior Master Sgt. Casey Osmonovich; Company Grade Officer Category -- Capt. Christopher Seamans
* Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Thomas N. Barnes Award for Top Dedicated Crew Chief of the Year: Staff Sgt. Kenneth Wilkins
* General Lew Allen Jr. Trophy: Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Category -- Master Sgt. Karl Miller; Company Grade Officer Category -- Capt. Kathryn Roman
* Lieutenant General Leo Marquez Award for Outstanding Munitions/Missile Maintenance: Technician Category -- Senior Airman Edward Andresen; Technician Supervisor Category -- Tech. Sgt. William Fitzpatrick; Supervisor Manager Category -- Master Sgt. Brian Henn; Company Grade Manager Category -- 1st Lt. Elizabeth Taylor
* Lieutenant General Leo Marquez Award for Outstanding Aircraft Maintenance: Technician Category -- Airman 1st Class Joseph Pecora; Technician Supervisor Category -- Staff Sgt. Bryan Walters; Supervisor Manager Category - Master Sgt. Lee Hedberg; Company Grade Manager Category -- 1st Lt. Burton Field III; Field Grade Manager Category -- Maj. John Benedict
* Aircraft Maintenance Unit of the Year: 34th Aircraft Maintenance Unit
* Maintenance Squadron of the Year: Component Maintenance Squadron
In his closing remarks, 388th FW Commander Col. Scott Zobrist thanked all maintenance professionals within his wing for keeping its F-16 Fighting Falcons operational.
Sign up for e-mail news updates.