Air Force Youth Aviation Camp packets must be turned in by March 12. Youth will be required to submit their packets and schedule a interview date the week of March 16-18.
For more information and packets contact the Youth Center.
The Air Force Teen Aviation Camp is a residential six-day program which provides youth a glimpse of what Cadets attending the United States Air Force Academy experience. Activities include a stay in prep school dorms, high/low ropes course, a tour of the academy, flight simulators, and a Cessna flight.
An applicant must be:
- A dependent of active duty military assigned to or living on an Air Force installation, Air Force Retired nilitary, Air Force civilian employee, Air National Guard or Air Force Reserve who have been activated within the last 12 months.
- A high school student entering their sophomore or junior year in the fall of 2010 who is interested in aviation, leadership, or the U.S. Air Force Academy
- Must not have participated in the 2009 camp held last year
- Must demonstrate an application of leadership abilities and social maturity through involvement in school and community activities
- Must demonstrate skills and achievements outside of the realm of science and academic pursuits
- Must demonstrate a curiosity and an eagerness to explore many and varied topics
Youth Center Friday nights
March 5, Laser Tag
March 12, Game Night
March 19, Skate Night
March 26, Movie Night
Aim High Program
Arts Club, March 1-5
Wall climbing Club, March 8-19 -- push yourself and take on a safe challenge.
Youth Program will be heading to the climbing wall at the Warrior Health and Fitness Center. Must be 9-18 years of age to participate
Game Club March 22-31 -- so you like to play chess, but can't find anyone who will play with you, check out the Youth Program and enjoy any game on hand.