A listing of Holy Week services and events scheduled at the following Top of Utah churches.
Ascension Lutheran Church, 1105 N. Washington Blvd., Ogden
* Palm Sunday Worship, 9:30 a.m. April 17.
* Mid-week Lenten Soup Supper with devotional, 6:30 p.m. April 20.
* Maundy Thursday meditative service, 7 p.m. April 21, with foot-washing and Holy Communion.
* Good Friday interactive "Encounter the Cross" journey, 7-7:30 p.m. April 22, followed by a meditative service.
* Easter Sunday Worship Services 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
For further information call 801-782-2810.
Light of the Valley Lutheran Church, 1074 N. Fairfield Road, Layton.
* Good Friday Service, 7 p.m. April 22.
* Easter Egg Hunt, 1 p.m. April 23, for ages 3 to 12. All children are welcome to come and hear the story of Jesus' resurrection. The Easter Bunny will make an appearance as well. After the egg hunt, stay for some refreshments and drawings. Invite friends!
* Easter Sunday Service, 10:30 a.m. April 24.
Wasatch Church, 4433 S. 3100 West, Roy; Phone: (801)731-7118; www.wasatchchurch.org
* Christ In the Passover, 7 p.m. April 22.
* Worship services, 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. April 24. Wasatch Church
Canyon Road Assembly of God, 1390 Canyon Road, Ogden. (One block east of Harrison on 12th Street. For more information, call 801-621-2185 or visit www.canyonroadag.org.
* "The Revelation -- One Man's Vision ... Every Man's Destiny" -- will be presented at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, April 17. The "Revelation" is a dramatic portrayal of the last book in the Bible -- a creative presentation with the purpose to challenge the audience toward the wonders of heaven and awesome realities of eternity. This live drama is presented by Ron and Stephanie Keller of RSKeller Productions. Free; public welcome.
* Praise and Easter Musical, "Run to the Cross". The two performances will be at 7:30 p.m. on Good Friday, April 22, and at 10:30 a.m. Easter Sunday. The musical is a Travis Cottrell production and will include vibrant, dynamic songs pertaining to the death and resurrection of Jesus. Included in the multimedia program will be a Hosanna Dance directed by Julie Moffitt and a human video, "Arise my Love," performed by the youth of the church. The public is invited to attend at no charge. Child care available for children up to 5 years. There will be interpretation for the deaf at both services.
* Easter Candy Hunt and program for children at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 23, at 11 a.m. in Rolling Hills Park, 1480 E. 12th St. Singing, a short program and lots of candy for ages 1-12. The public is invited.
Congregational United Church of Christ, 3350 Harrison Blvd., Ogden
* April 17, 10:30 a.m. Palm Sunday, procession of palms and traditional service in sanctuary.
* April 19, 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., Pastor's Book Club; final chapter of book "The Last Week."
* April 21, Maundy Thursday, April 21, 6:30 p.m. Potlock supper, followed by communion service.
* Friday, April 22, Good Friday, 7 a.m.-8 p.m., Stations of the Cross, church open for people to come for meditation; with tables decorated for each Station (day) of Holy Week and a meditation by the pastor for each.
* Sunday, April 24, 8 a.m.. Easter service at Beus Pond in Ogden, with light breakfast; l0:30 a.m. traditional service in church sanctuary. After service, Easter egg hunt on church lawn for children.
Elim Evangelical Lutheran Church, 575 23rd St., Ogden. Information: 801-393-5543.
* April 17, Sunday of the Passion, Palm Sunday, 10 a.m. procession with the processional cross, candles, Bible, banners, and palms. The congregation will present a reader's theater play, "The Passion of our Lord According to St. Matthew."
* April 21, Maundy Thursday worship service with foot washing, 7 p.m. Children of the congregation who have completed the first communion class will receive their holy first communion using chalices they have made and decorated themselves.
* April 22, Good Friday Tenebrae Service of Shadows, 7 p.m. Bible readings and commentary will tell the story of the arrest, trial and crucifixion of Jesus. Elim Youth members will act out parts of the story.
* April 24, Easter Sunday Breakfast, 7 a.m.-9:30 a.m. served by Elim's Youth Group. Menu includes pancakes, French toast and egg bakes, with suggested donation of $7 per adult and $5 per child. Children under five and those who cannot afford a donation may eat free.
* Easter Festive Worship service at 10 a.m. Sunday. A processional Gospel lesson will be read, followed by a service of holy communion. Tenors Rick Widner and Rick Givens will sing solos during the service.
The public is invited to all of these events.
First United Methodist Church, 1339 W. 400 North, Marriott-Slaterville. Information: 801.393.5662
* April 17, Palm Sunday, 10 a.m. Worship.
* April 22, Good Friday, 7 p.m. Worship.
* April 23, Saturday, 10 a.m. Children's Easter Egg Hunt.
* April 24, Easter Sunday, 7:30 a.m. SonRise Service; 9:30 a.m. Celebration Service.
Glory to God American Catholic Church, 375 Harrison Blvd., Ogden. Phone: 801-394-0204
* Palm Sunday, April 17, 10 a.m., Enter into Jerusalem with Jesus, singing songs and waving palms.
* Monday, April 18, 6-9 p.m., celebrate the Passover, feasting on a Messianic Seder meal.
* Thursday, April 21, noon, celebrate the Chrism Mass - AKA - The Blessing of Holy Oils for the Church year. Also: Mass of the Last Supper and washing of feet at 7 p.m., commemorating Jesus' showing us the servant's path to the Father.
* Good Friday, April 22, noon and 7 p.m., Walk the Stations with Jesus and participate in the last hours of His earthly life.
* Holy Saturday, 8 p.m., the Great Easter Vigil Mass.
* Resurrection Sunday, 8 a.m. Mass celebrating the Risen Lord with Rob and Dex Trujillo ordained as deacons for the Church, and 10 a.m. Mass, celebrating the Risen Lord with potluck and Easter Egg hunt (for the chronologically young) to follow Mass.
Grace Bible Ministries, 879 W. Pleasant View Drive #3 (below Straw Market), Pleasant View. All are welcome.
* Palm Sunday Services, April 17 at 11 a.m.
* Good Friday Communion Services at 7 p.m.
* Easter Sunday, Sunrise Services at 8 a.m. Regular Sunday Services will begin at 11 a.m.
Lakeside Community Assembly of God, 305 W. 1300 North, Sunset. Information: 801-773-0072 or 801-394-7001.
* April 22, 7 p.m. Good Friday Service of Remembrance to commemorate the events of the final week of Jesus on earth through music, Scripture and the Lord's Supper
New Zion Baptist Church, 2935 Lincoln Ave. Ogden.
* Easter Sunday, 6 a.m. Sunrise Service.
Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 5560 S. 2300 West, Roy.
* April 17 - Palm Sunday Worship at 8 a.m. and 11 a.m.
* April 21 - Maundy Thursday Service at 7 p.m.
* April 22 - Children's Good Friday Service with Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m.
* April 22 - Good Friday Service at 7 p.m.
* April 24 - Easter Sunday Services at 8 a.m. and 11 a.m.; also 9:45 a.m. Easter Breakfast sponsored by the Men's Prayer Group.
Saint Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 210 S. Chapel St., Layton; Phone: 801-544-4269.
* Saturday, April 16, 5 p.m. Mass in English.
* Palm Sunday, April 17, Mass with distribution of blessed palms at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. in English, 12:30 p.m. in Spanish; 3 p.m. Penance Service/Confesiones.
* Holy Thursday/Jueves Santo, April 21, Mass of the Lord's Supper/Misa de la Ultima Cena at 7 p.m.
* Good Friday/Viernes Santo, April 22, Stations of the Cross at noon; Via Crucis at 1 p.m.; Liturgia de la Pasion y Muerte del Senor at 3 p.m.; Divine Liturgy of the Passion and Death of the Lord at 7 p.m.
* Holy Saturday/Sabado Santo, April 23, Easter Vigil/Vigilia de Pascua at 9 p.m. The Vigil is two and a half hours long; you may not want to bring young children. (No 5 p.m. Mass.)
* Easter Sunday/Domingo de Pascua, April 24, The Resurrection/La Resurrecion del Senor Masses, 8:30 a.m.; 10 :30 a.m.; 12:30 p.m. (Spanish)
St. Michael's Episcopal Church, 589 S. 200 East, Brigham City. Phone: 435-239-8336.
* Sunday, April 17, Palm Sunday, 11:30 a.m. service of Holy Eucharist will be conducted by The Rev. Claudia Seiter, assisted by Deacon Deanna Adams and lay ministers. Nursery care is available for small children. Following the service, coffee and light refreshments are served in Hannifin Hall. No Adult Forum.
* Wednesday, April 20, the Stations of the Cross will be observed at noon and 7 p.m. Also: a short healing service, with Eucharist, is held each Wednesday at noon. All are welcome.
* Maundy Thursday, April 21, service at 7 p.m. This service commemorates the washing of the disciples feet by Jesus.
* Good Friday April 22, services at noon and 7 p.m. (The Friday pot luck dinner and Bible Study will next meet on April 29 at 6 p.m. at the Annex.)
* Great Easter Vigil Eucharist will be celebrated at St. Peter's Episcopal Church, in Clearfield on Saturday, April 23, at 7 p.m.
* Easter Sunday, April 24, 11:30 a.m. service of Holy Eucharist will be conducted by The Rev. Claudia Seiter, assisted by Deacon Deanna Adams and lay ministers. Nursery care is available for small children. Following the service, coffee, juice and hot cross buns will be served in Hannifin Hall. There will be an Easter Egg hunt for children. No Adult Forum on Easter Sunday.
Second Baptist Church, 227 27th St., Ogden. Information: 801-393-4814 or website www.sbchurchogden.org.
* Sunday, April 17, Annual Easter play, "Daughters of Jerusalem," will be presented at 6 p.m. The play is free and all are welcome.
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1070 S. Foothill Drive, Salt Lake City
* Palm Sunday, Sunday, April 17, 8:15 a.m. Morning Prayers with Holy Communion; Education hour 9:15-10:15 a.m.; 10:30 a.m. Worship.
* Maundy Thursday, April 21, Soup Supper at 6 p.m. and worship at 7 p.m.
* Good Friday, April 22, Worship at noon and 7 p.m.
* Easter Vigil, Saturday, April 23, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the atrium.
* The Resurrection of Our Lord -- Easter Sunday, 6 a.m. sunrise worship; 8:15 a.m. Morning Prayers with Holy Communion; 10:30 a.m. Worship.