A listing of services and events scheduled Saturday and Easter Sunday at the following Top of Utah churches.
Ascension Lutheran Church, 1105 N. Washington Blvd., Ogden. Information: 801-782-2810.
* Easter Sunday worship services 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. A continental breakfast will follow the late service. The public is invited.
Light of the Valley Lutheran Church, 1074 N. Fairfield Road, Layton.
* Easter egg hunt, 1 p.m. today, for ages 3 to 12. All children are welcome to come and hear the story of Jesus' resurrection. The Easter Bunny will make an appearance as well. After the egg hunt, stay for some refreshments and drawings.
* Easter Sunday Service, 10:30 a.m.
Canyon Road Assembly of God, 1390 Canyon Road, Ogden. (One block east of Harrison on 12th Street.)Information: 801-621-2185 or www.canyonroadag.org.
* Easter candy hunt and program for children, 11 a.m. today in Rolling Hills Park, 1480 E. 12th St. Singing, a short program and lots of candy for ages 1-12. The public is invited.
* Praise and Easter musical, "Run to the Cross," at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. The musical includes vibrant, dynamic songs pertaining to the death and resurrection of Jesus. Included in the multimedia program will be a Hosanna Dance, and a human video, "Arise my Love," performed by the youth of the church. The public is invited to attend at no charge. Child care available for children up to 5 years. There will be interpretation for the deaf.
Congregational United Church of Christ, 3350 Harrison Blvd., Ogden.
* Easter service, 8 a.m. Sunday, at Beus Pond in Ogden, with light breakfast; l0:30 a.m. traditional service in church sanctuary. After service, Easter egg hunt on church lawn for children.
Elim Evangelical Lutheran Church, 575 23rd St., Ogden. Information: 801-393-5543.
* Easter Breakfast, 7 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday, served by Elim's Youth Group. Menu includes pancakes, French toast and egg bakes, with suggested donation of $7 per adult and $5 per child. Children younger than 5 and those who cannot afford a donation may eat free.
* Easter Festive Worship service at 10 a.m. Sunday. A processional Gospel lesson will be read, followed by a service of Holy Communion. Tenors Rick Widner and Rick Givens will sing solos during the service.
The public is invited to these events.
First United Methodist Church, 1339 W. 400 North, Marriott-Slaterville. Information: 801.393.5662
* Children's Easter egg hunt, 10 a.m. today.
* Easter SonRise Service, 7:30 a.m. Sunday; 9:30 a.m. Celebration Service.
Glory to God American Catholic Church, 375 Harrison Blvd., Ogden. Phone: 801-394-0204
* Holy Saturday, 8 p.m. today, the Great Easter Vigil Mass.
* Resurrection Sunday, 8 a.m. Mass celebrating the Risen Lord with Rob and Dex Trujillo ordained as deacons for the Church, and 10 a.m. Mass, celebrating the Risen Lord with potluck and Easter egg hunt (for the chronologically young) to follow Mass.
Grace Bible Ministries, 879 W. Pleasant View Drive #3 (below Straw Market), Pleasant View. All are welcome.
* Easter sunrise service at 8 a.m. Sunday. Regular Sunday service will begin at 11 a.m.
The Heights Community
Easter Sunday service times:
* 9 a.m., 10:20 a.m., 11:45 a.m. or 7 p.m., Washington Heights, 1770 E. 6200 South in Ogden
* 11:45 a.m., Nuevas Alturas, 1720 Washington Blvd. in Ogden
* 10:30 a.m., Bountiful Heights, 390 N. 400 East in Bountiful
New Zion Baptist Church, 2935 Lincoln Ave. Ogden.
* Easter sunrise service, 6 a.m. Sunday.
Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 5560 S. 2300 West, Roy.
* Easter Sunday services at 8 a.m. and 11 a.m.; also 9:45 a.m. Easter breakfast sponsored by the Men's Prayer Group.
Rocky Mountain Bible Church, 659 N. Main St., Brigham City. * Easter Sunday - Sunday School classes for adults and teens meet at 9:30 a.m. Everyone welcome to attend. Worship service at 10:30 a.m. “Triumph at the Tomb” is Pastor Steve Barsuhn’s message title this Sunday. This message from Matthew 28:1-10 examines the triumph of Christ over death and the tomb by looking at the stone that was removed from the grave and the instructions of the angel who spoke from that stone. Before the Worship Service this Sunday there will be breakfast at 9:30 a.m. during the usual Sunday School time. Information: 435-239-8162, email@example.com or www.rocky-mountain.org.
Rocky Mountain Bible Church, 659 N. Main St., Brigham City.
* Easter Sunday - Sunday School classes for adults and teens meet at 9:30 a.m. Everyone welcome to attend. Worship service at 10:30 a.m. “Triumph at the Tomb” is Pastor Steve Barsuhn’s message title this Sunday. This message from Matthew 28:1-10 examines the triumph of Christ over death and the tomb by looking at the stone that was removed from the grave and the instructions of the angel who spoke from that stone. Before the Worship Service this Sunday there will be breakfast at 9:30 a.m. during the usual Sunday School time. Information: 435-239-8162, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.rocky-mountain.org.
Saint Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 210 S. Chapel St., Layton. Information: 801-544-4269.
* Holy Saturday/Sabado Santo, Easter Vigil/Vigilia de Pascua at 9 p.m. The Vigil is two and a half hours long; you may not want to bring young children. (No 5 p.m. Mass.)
* Easter Sunday/Domingo de Pascua, The Resurrection/La Resurrecion del Senor Masses, 8:30 a.m.; 10 :30 a.m.; 12:30 p.m. (Spanish)
St. Michael's Episcopal Church, 589 S. 200 East, Brigham City. Information: 435-239-8336.
* Great Easter Vigil Eucharist will be celebrated at 7 p.m. today at St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 1579 S. State St., in Clearfield.
* Easter Sunday, 11:30 a.m. service of Holy Eucharist will be conducted by the Rev. Claudia Seiter, assisted by Deacon Deanna Adams and lay ministers. Nursery care is available for small children. Following the service, coffee, juice and hot cross buns will be served in Hannifin Hall. There will be an Easter Egg hunt for children. No Adult Forum on Easter Sunday.
Wasatch Church, 4433 S. 3100 West, Roy. Information: 801-731-7118; www.wasatchchurch.org.
* Worship services, 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday.
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1070 S. Foothill Drive, Salt Lake City.
* Easter Vigil today, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the atrium.
* The Resurrection of Our Lord -- Easter Sunday, 6 a.m. sunrise worship; 8:15 a.m. morning prayers with Holy Communion; 10:30 a.m. worship.