2. Michigan State (1-0): Walking medical chart Raymar Morgan played in the Spartans' opener despite an ankle sprain.
3. Texas (1-0): When the heralded freshmen struggled, the Longhorns' seniors picked it up in the opener against UC Irvine.
4. Kentucky (1-0): The Wildcats handled their own while freshman John Wall served a suspension before making his debut.
5. North Carolina (3-0): Another bullet in the chamber for the Tar Heels, who signed prep star Harrison Barnes.
6. West Virginia (1-0): The Mountaineers can't afford to go too long without Devin Ebanks, who missed the opener for "personal issues."
7. Villanova (1-0): Any time a 6-9 center's eligibility is questioned is a worry to a coach, but the NCAA cleared Mouphtaou Yarou in time to play 20 minutes in 'Nova's opening victory.
8. Purdue (1-0): Seventeen points, six rebounds, four assists, two blocks. Yeah, Robbie Hummel feels fine.
9. California (2-0): Can Jerome Randle bust Syracuse's zone defense Thursday?
10. Tennessee (1-0): Bruce Pearl goes for win No. 100 at Tennessee on Tuesday vs. North Carolina-Asheville.
11. Duke (1-0): As the only true guard in the lineup, Jon Scheyer recorded 37 turnover-free minutes against North Carolina-Greensboro.
12. Butler (1-0): Blame it on opening-day nerves, but the Bulldogs survived a challenge by Davidson.
13. Connecticut (1-0): A torn toenail is nothing compared with a torn knee ligament. Jerome Dyson scored 27 points despite the big toe problem.
14. Michigan (1-0): What a start! Manny Harris recorded the school's second triple-double.
15. Washington (3-0): Quincy Pondexter, the Huskies' lone senior, scored 29 against Portland State.
16. Oklahoma (1-0): Four Mount St. Mary's defenders tried to stop Willie Warren at one point. Key word: tried.
17. Dayton (1-0): A showdown with Georgia Tech looms Thursday.
18. Georgetown (1-0): Greg Monroe looked like a leader with 18 points against Tulane.
19. Ohio State (2-0): The Buckeyes can jump in the polls with a victory against North Carolina on Thursday.
20. Georgia Tech (1-0): Freshmen Brian Oliver and Derrick Favors combined for 22 points in their debuts.
21. Louisville (0-0): The Cardinals open against Arkansas on Tuesday in St. Louis.
22. Clemson (1-0): Tigers hit 14 3s vs. Presbyterian.
23. Illinois (1-0): Freshman Brandon Paul made it look easy for the Illini in a 96-69 win over SIU-Edwardsville.
24. Minnesota (1-0): Tubby Smith maintained his perfect record in home nonconference games despite suspending freshman Royce White.
25. Notre Dame (1-0): The "other Hansbrough," Ben, scored 19 in his Irish debut.
Records through Sunday.