ROY -- Perhaps this will be the boys soccer contest the Christian Heritage Crusaders remember when it comes to the 2010 campaign.
Christian Heritage capped a four-games-in-five-days stretch with an 8-3 win over Mount Vernon in the 2-A North tournament at Roy West Park.
"The kids came out positive and enjoyed finishing the regular season with a win," coach Cory Jones said. "We've made improvements over last year and worked hard. We have five seniors and four foreign exchange students who won't be back next year, so this was a fun final home game."
Tony Bienz scored a hat trick, and Scott Carpenter, Levi Koehler, Junior Kim, Stormy Chournos and Tim Doerks added goals.
Jordan Jones tallied five assists for the Crusaders, who led 3-1 at the break. Robert Jackson paced CHS's defense.
The win gave Christian Heritage a spot in an April 28 cross-over game at top-seeded Waterford in the 2-A postseason.
* WEBER 4, LAYTON 0: At Pleasant View, Parker Dixon had a goal and an assist and Kevin Morris, Tyler Murdock and Bryson Howell added scores as the Warriors smacked the Lancers.
Connor White and Tyler Finlayson paced the Weber defense, while keeper Nate Allen earned the shutout in goal.
* DAVIS 5, NORTHRIDGE 0: At Kaysville's Angel Street Soccer Complex, the league-leading Darts continued to tear through their opponents.
Forward Casey Black tallied his third hat trick of the season, pushing his state 5-A-leading goal total to 16, while Kyle Smith and John Taylor each added single goals for the Darts (9-0-0).
Brackin Flitton had the shutout in goal, his eighth consecutive as the Darts have not allowed a goal in 641 minutes. The Darts have allowed just one goal this season, a stoppage-time strike by the Knights (2-7-2) in their first game.
* MOUNTAIN CREST 1, OGDEN 0: At Hyrum, the Mustangs scored in the first half and made it stand up.
In the other Region 5 contest, Sky View and Logan played to a scoreless tie in Cache Valley.
* MORGAN 2, JUAN DIEGO 1 (2OT): At Draper, the Trojans won a thriller.
Morgan took a 1-0 lead just before halftime on Jordan Taylor's goal. With 10 minutes to go in regulation, the Eagles chipped one past Morgan keeper Joe Stanford.
With a couple of minutes to play in the second overtime, the Trojans were fouled outside the box and Tony Casper delivered the free-kick goal to end the game.
In the other league game, Judge Memorial spanked Grantsville 13-2.
* BEN LOMOND 6, CARBON 2: At Price, the Scots got goals from six players in rolling to the non-league win and snapping a two-game losing streak.
Andy Morelli, Ben Lovelady, David Alveno, Jose Perez, Keegan Border and Luis Oseguera each scored for Ben Lomond.
* BONNEVILLE 2, WESTLAKE 1: At Saratoga Springs, the Lakers bounced back from a loss with their sixth win in seven games. Tanner Eastman scored the game-winner for Bonneville (6-2-0). Mitch Fackrell scored for the Lakers in the first half.
Softball Region 1
* DAVIS 6, NORTHRIDGE 3: At Kaysville, the Knights' Hannah Berman broke up Chessie Roth's shutout with a one-out, three-run homer in the seventh inning.
Roth allowed three hits with three strikeouts and no walks.
The Darts' Jaden Anderson went 2-for-2 with a double, an RBI single and a sacrifice fly.
* WEBER 5, LAYTON 2: At North Ogden's Lomond View Park, freshman right-hander Aubrey Bingham tossed a three-hitter with two strikeouts, three walks and a hit batter.
The Warriors' Cydnee Clarke went 4-for-4 with a run-scoring double, an RBI single and scored a run. Bingham was 3-for-3
The Lancers' Lauryn Kirschner had two doubles with an RBI and a run.
* JUAN DIEGO 8, MORGAN 5 (EIGHT INNINGS): At Morgan's Wilkinson Complex, the Soaring Eagle snapped a 2-all tie with a six-run eighth inning.
Mo Freestone drilled an RBI double and Raqeal Jensen had a run-scoring single for Morgan.
* GRANTSVILLE 17, BEN LOMOND 2 (THREE INNINGS): At Grantsville, the defending league champion Cowboys rolled.