SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Green to the rescue.
Brian Green came off the bench to score a career-high 25 points and Utah State extended its winning streak to 14 games with an 84-65 win over San Jose State on Thursday night in Western Athletic Conference action.
Green -- a former Davis High standout -- made his first eight shots from the floor, including five 3-pointers, and didn't miss until six minutes remained in the game. Green also matched his career best of six rebounds.
Pooh Williams added 14 points, and Brockeith Pane and Brady Jardine each scored 13 points for Utah State (19-2, 8-0 WAC).
The Aggies -- ranked No. 25 in the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll -- also extended their conference-record winning streak to 22 games.
Adrian Oliver had 29 points for San Jose State (9-10, 1-7).
Utah State led by 10 at halftime, but didn't pull away until Green made three 3-pointers in a span of 2:52 as part of an 11-2 run early in the second half. Green had all 11 of the Aggies' points during that stretch as they increased their lead to 56-39.
San Jose State twice pulled within 12 points but couldn't close the gap despite another solid night from Oliver.
Oliver, the WAC's leading scorer, was 10 of 23 from the floor and went 9 for 11 at the line. Oliver also grabbed eight rebounds in his second game back -- he missed two games with concussion-like symptoms after being hit in the face during a team practice earlier this month.
His performance still wasn't enough.
Utah State, on the other hand, continued its dominance of WAC opponents.
The Aggies' only two losses this season came at then-No. 23 BYU on Nov. 17 and then-No. 16 Georgetown on Dec. 4. Since then, Utah State has been on quite a roll with the fifth-longest winning streak in school history.
* LOUISIANA TECH 71, IDAHO 56: At Ruston, La., Olu Ashaolu had 24 points and 18 rebounds to help Louisiana Tech snap an eight-game losing streak with a victory over Idaho.
Ashaolu's layup gave Louisiana Tech (10-12, 1-7) a 64-51 lead. Jeff Ledbetter scored 20 points to lead Idaho (12-8, 5-3).
* EASTERN WASHINGTON 65, PORTLAND STATE 51: At Cheney, Wash., Tremayne Johnson came off the bench to score 20 points, and Eastern Washington's torrid second half carried the Eagles past Portland State. Kevin Winford had 12 points and Laron Griffin and Glen Dean added 10 each for the Eagles (6-14, 3-5 Big Sky),
* NO. 3 DUKE 84, BOSTON COLLEGE 68: At Durham, N.C., Seth Curry scored a season-high 20 points, leading No. 3 Duke (19-1, 6-1 ACC) past Boston College (14-7, 4-3).
* NO. 19 VANDERBILT 81, MISSISSIPPI STATE 74: At Starkville, Miss., Jeffery Taylor scored 25 points and John Jenkins added 21 for Vanderbilt (15-4, 3-2 SEC). Ravern Johnson scored 19 points for the Bulldogs (10-9, 2-3).
* MICHIGAN 61, NO. 25 MICHIGAN STATE 57: At East Lansing, Mich., Zack Novak scored 19 points and Stu Douglass made a big 3-pointer with 20 seconds left to lift Michigan (12-9, 2-6 Big Ten). The Spartans (12-8, 4-4) have lost three straight.