ROY -- An offensive outburst to rival the state's temperamental weather turned Tuesday's Region 17 boys soccer game into a rout.
Christian Heritage whipped up six first-half goals en route to a 9-1 win over Mount Vernont on Tuesday at Roy West Park.
Yun-gu Kim tallied five goals himself, while Scot Carpenter had a pair of goals and Jay Park added a goal and two assists for the Crusaders, who likely locked up a fourth-place finish in the league standings.
Mathias Lihn also scored for CHS (4-5-1), while Tyler Palo and Zack Oliphant registered assists.
* WEBER 1, ROY 0: At Pleasant View, Ethan Erickson took a pass from Jaden Bybee and notched the game's only goal as the Warriors avenged a loss earlier in the season at the hands of the Royals (4-4-2).
Weber (9-2-1) had several other chances to score in the tightly-played game. Brock Gunderson earned the shutout in goal for the Warriors.
* NORTHRIDGE 4, CLEARFIELD 0: At Clearfield, the Knights played a solid team game for the win.
Luke Hering posted his second shutout in three games, while Alex Neff scored a pair for the Knights. Christian Hall and Sean Inagoki also scored the Northridge (3-7-0).
* DAVIS 6, SYRACUSE 0: At Kaysville's Angel Street Soccer Complex, the Darts shrugged off a two-game winless skid and routed the Titans.
John Taylor scored twice for Davis, which moved to 8-2-1 overall.
Abinadi Samayoa, Devin Farnes, Colton Cottrell and Mike Swim each scored once for the Darts, while Mitch Jensen earned the shutout in goal.
* VIEWMONT 3, LAYTON 2: At Layton, the Vikings jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first half and withstood a Lancers' comeback in the second to claim the road win and remain atop the Region 1 table.
Justin Allen scored twice and Matt Nielson added on for Viewmont, while Christian Love and Nick Thiros each scored for Layton.
* OGDEN 2, MOUNTAIN CREST 2 (2OT): At Mount Ogden Park, the league-leading Mustangs rallied from a 2-0 deficit in the second half to get a road point against the Tigers.
"We played so well in the first, half but they really upped their intensity," Ogden coach Sterling Castle said. "We hit the post in overtime, but could never get one in."
Alejandro Garcia and Ulises Acosta each scored for Ogden (5-3-1, 1-3-1 league). Lyden Egbert tallied an assist.
Jacson Yeates scored both Mountain Crest's goals in the final 30 minutes.