LOS ANGELES -- A man was convicted Friday of trying to break into the home of Paris Hilton last year.
Nathan Lee Parada, 31, was charged with a felony count of attempted residential burglary. He faces up to three years in state prison when he's sentenced in June.
Deputy District Attorney Kaveh Faturechi said in a statement that the jury deliberated for less than an hour before returning with its verdict.
The incident occurred in August 2010 when Parada allegedly approached the actress's home, in the gated Mulholland Estates community. After banging on the door, he was confronted by Hilton's boyfriend, who was inside the house, police said.
Hilton posted a message on Twitter alleging that a man with two large knives was trying to break in. She posted a photo showing the alleged suspect in handcuffs with his back to the camera.
"So Scary, just got woken up to a guy trying to break into my house holding 2 big knifes," Hilton tweeted.
(c) 2011, Los Angeles Times.
Visit the Los Angeles Times, www.latimes.com.
Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.