Following is a list of incidents in which police in Weber and Davis counties shot suspects over the last 19 years. In all cases where the suspect died, use of deadly force was ruled justified following criminal investigation. Nonfatal police shootings are not subject to criminal investigation, although they are subject to internal review. The case of Cody Allen White is still being investigated.
* Jan. 4, 2011: Cody Allen White, 25, was shot and killed by police after allegedly threatening them with a gun following a chase involving a stolen vehicle.
* Nov. 5, 2010: Paulo Berumen, 34, was killed by Clinton officers responding to a domestic violence call to find Berumen brandishing a knife. Clinton detectives Bryan Haywood and Shawn Stoker fired the fatal shots. The incident was recorded on a Taser camera.
* Sept. 16, 2010: Todd Blair, 45, was shot and killed by Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force Sgt. Troy Burnett during a drug raid at his Roy home. He was brandishing a golf club when shot, the incident recorded on officers' helmet cameras.
* July 9, 2010: Possibly suicidal William Oakden, 30, was fatally shot by officers at his Bountiful home after he fired a gun that was later found to be an airsoft toy pistol. Woods Cross Officer Adam Osoro and West Bountiful Officer Trent Wass were responding to a report of Oakden covered in blood and carrying a knife.
* April 10, 2009: Damon Lee Weems, 30, was shot fatally by Roy police after firing at officers through a bedroom door in his apartment. He then came out brandishing his shotgun. Officers, names not available, were responding to a call from Weems' mother that he was suicidal and drinking heavily.
* Feb. 26, 2009: Jeffrey Jay Cramer, 36, Layton, was shot and killed by Layton officers, Sgt. Jason Hinojosa and Officer Anthony Yuen after firing a shotgun in their direction. Cramer was suicidally distraught about losing his job.
* Feb. 27, 2009: John Michael Taylor, 47, was shot and killed by Weber County sheriff's deputies, names not available, after barricading himself in a barn behind his Taylor home. Taylor provoked the officers' fire, even goading them to shoot.
* June 23, 2006: Howard Bradly Nelson, 40, was shot and injured by officers, names unavailable, at a downtown Ogden motel after a short car chase.
* May 27, 2006: William Glen "Billy" Maw, 35, was shot and killed after he pulled a gun on Ogden officers Troy Burnett and Aaron Haws during a traffic stop. Maw was well-known to police as a white supremacist with a criminal record.
* Dec. 18, 2006: Jesse Turnbow, 29, was killed after he opened fire on Ogden officers Ed Mahon, John Sattelmair and Derek Draper, responding to calls about an angry man waving a shotgun.
* Jan. 4, 2004: Robert Apodaca, 30, of West Valley City, was shot, then took his own life during an exchange of gunfire with Roy officers Don Ponton and Adam Madsen. The officers sought him after a robbery.
* Jan. 17, 1999: Ogden officer Robert Clements fatally shot Joshua Eric West, 23, after West, apparently suicidal, kept threatening a group of four officers with a large hunting knife and was undeterred by pepper spray and any verbal communication.
* Feb. 24, 1999: Weber County Sheriff's Deputy Michael Howard shot and wounded inmate David Michael Younger, 34, when he tried to escape while being transported from 2nd District Court to Salt Lake County Jail.
* March. 27, 1999: Two Ogden police officers, Tom Hanselman and Ken Huckaby, and Utah Highway Patrol Trooper Chris Williams shot and wounded Joey Conrad, 18, after he brandished a gun after being pulled over for running a red light. Conrad was sent to prison for attempted murder.
* Aug. 2, 1999: James Westmoreland, 62, was shot and wounded by a South Ogden police officer after he pointed a rifle at officers responding to a domestic disturbance complaint at his home.
* Feb. 12, 1996: Michael Stanfield, 18, died in an exchange of gunfire with Layton SWAT Team members Allen Swanson and Quinn Moyes responding to a domestic violence call from Stanfield's wife.
* Aug. 30, 1996: Phu Ly, 65, is fatally shot by Roy officer Adam Madsen after Ly brandished a knife at officers responding to an assault call where Ly reportedly was seen by neighbors beating his daughter with a broom handle.
* Sept. 26, 1996: Tony Colwell, 17, is shot nine times by Utah Highway Patrol Troopers Don Sagendorf and Warren Nelson after he threatened Sagendorf with a handgun during a traffic stop in Ogden. Colwell survived and was sent to prison for attempted murder.
* Sept. 17, 1994: Daniel Hickman, 35, a rape suspect, was shot and killed by Officer John Valdez after a short foot chase when Hickman took an aggressive posture as if he had a gun, although it was later determined he did not.
* July 8, 1993: Weber State Officer Kent Kiernan is shot in the nose after student Mark Duong, 28, opened fire during a campus grievance hearing. Kiernan fired back five times, killing Duong.
* Sept. 25, 1991: Roy officer Pete O'Brien was wounded in an exchange of gunfire when he killed suspected drug dealer Charles E. Kent during an undercover buy in the Ogden Flying J Motel.
Source: Standard-Examiner archive.