OGDEN -- A fire destroyed a garage and the Nissan Altima parked inside Saturday evening.
Ogden firefighters were called to 3889 Grant Ave. when the homeowners saw fire bursting out of the side door of the garage about 7:45 p.m.
An hour before, they had been working on the car and warmed the garage with a wood-burning stove, a possible cause of the fire, said Ogden Fire Capt. Tracy Bolt.
Creosote can build up in chimneys and not cause a problem for 10 to 15 years before it suddenly ignites, he said.
Firefighters had the fire contained within 10 minutes of their arrival. Damage is estimated around $40,000 for both the garage and the car, Bolt said.
There were no injuries.