OGDEN -- Ceremonies honoring America's military veterans are planned this weekend across the Top of Utah.
Many events will be held at area cemeteries. Here is a schedule:
- George E. Wahlen Ogden Veterans Home, 1102 N. 1200 West: 2 p.m. observance, including a roll call of veterans who have died in the home over the past year; laying of a memorial marker.
- Leavitt's Aultorest Memorial Park, 836 36th St., Ogden: 11 a.m., placement of flags on graves; 4 p.m., Hill Air Force Base Drill Team and Honor Guard; 5 p.m., retirement of flags ceremony.
- North Central Baptist Church, 5800 S. 1900 West, Roy: 11 a.m., Hill Air Force Base Honor Guard will open the service honoring all military personnel and veterans.
- Lindquist Memorial Park, 1867 N. Fairfield Road, Layton: 5:30 p.m., service with the Wasatch and District Pipe Band and guest speaker Kim Wixon, state officer of the George E. Wahlen Ogden Veterans Home.
- Myers Mortuary Evergreen Memorial Day Eve Sunset Service, 100 Monroe Blvd., Ogden: 6 p.m., Galloway Highlanders bagpipe band and Vocalocity a cappella vocal group, combined veterans honor guard, recognition of fallen comrades and taps with a rifle volley.
- VFW Post 1481 Memorial Day sunrise ceremony at the grave of Fred Grant, Leavitt's Aultorest Memorial Park, 836 36th St., Ogden.
- 6 a.m. to 7 a.m., veterans and other groups place American flags on the graves of all veterans.
- Brigham City Cemetery: 7 a.m., VFW Post 1695 flag raising; 11 a.m., Box Elder Symphonic Choir. Guest speaker Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah, followed by balloon release.
- Ogden City Cemetery: 8:30 a.m., Riverside Memorial Service by American Legion Baker-Merrill Post 9, Ogden, on the bridge over the Ogden River north of the cemetery; 9 a.m., Memorial Day service at the World War I Monument.
- Leavitt's Aultorest Memorial Park: 10 a.m., POW/MIA Awareness ceremony; 11 a.m., Elks Lodge ceremony; noon, Fallen Soldier Memorial Service.
- Kaysville City Memorial Day Program, "A Tribute to Veterans": 10 a.m., Kaysville City Cemetery. Farmington American Legion Post 27 Honor Guard, Davis High School Drum Line. Featured speaker Maj. Gen. Brian L. Tarbet, Utah National Guard.
- Lindquist Washington Heights Memorial Park, 4500 Washington Blvd.: noon, Wasatch and District Pipe Band and guest speaker Larry Dawson, outreach officer, Utah Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Lindquist Memorial Gardens of the Wasatch, 1718 Combe Road, Ogden: 2 p.m., guest speaker Terry Schow, director of Utah Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Wasatch and District Pipe Band.