The annual concert series is held Sunday afternoons throughout the summer on Earl’s Lodge patio and lawn at the resort. In addition to nationally and regionally touring musical artists playing from 12:30-5:30 p.m. each Sunday, barbecue and a wide selection of local beer will also be available for purchase.
The season kicks off with Yarn headlining the June 10 concert, and finishes up with a Sept. 30 date featuring Tony Holiday and the Velvetones, with Penrose in support. In between, bands like Los Lobos, Leftover Salmon, Sister Sparrow & the Dirty Birds, The Ballroom Thieves, and Andy Frasco will perform in the high mountain air.
In a news release, Snowbasin dining and entertainment manager Jason Ostler is quoted saying the family-friendly season includes a “great mix” of genres and styles. Even among individual shows, there may be two or three different musical styles represented. Concerts will range from the eponymous blues to funk, Americana, rock ’n’ roll and more.
“It’s going to be a lot of fun and there is definitely something for everyone throughout the season,” according to Ostler.
The lineup for the 2018 Snowbasin Blues, Brews & BBQ Free Summer Concert Series will feature:
- June 10 — Yarn/Canyon Kids
- June 17 — Los Lobos/Ghosts of Paul Revere/Too Slim and the Tail Draggers/Night Marcher
- June 24 — Kris Lager Band/Sophistafunk/Pinetop Inferno
- July 1 — Cris Jacobs/Luke Winslow King/The Johnny Utahs
- July 8 — The Flobots/The Lique
- July 15 — Sister Sparrow & the Dirty Birds/Sam Ravenna/Frogleg
- July 22 — “FroFest” with Andy Frasco/Wild Adriatic/Funk You/Talia Keys
- July 29 — The Ballroom Thieves/Old Salt Union
- August 5 — Dirty Revival/Jordan Matthew Young
- August 12 — TBA
- August 19 — Jon Wayne and the Pain/Groovement/Folk Hogan
- August 26 — Jelly Bread/The Battlefield/Slings & Arrows
- September 2 — Leftover Salmon/Amy Helm/Dead Winter Carpenters
- September 9 — The Johnny Utahs
- September 16 — Folk Hogan
- September 23 — Night Marcher
- September 30 — Tony Holiday and the Velvetones/Penrose
For more information, visit www.snowbasin.com, or call 801-620-1000.