1. Peruvian Inca Orchid: Yes, it’s a dog, not a flower.
2. Sloughi: He would definitely lose attendance credit.
3. Stabyhoun: Don’t give this one any knives.
4. Griffon Bruxellois: Unfortunately, this is not a French mythic creature. Just a weird dog with a weird name.
5. Dandie Dinmont Terrier: They had to alliterate, because calling a dog “dandie” just isn’t dandy enough.
6. Komondor. Nope, this one definitely isn’t a rank in the navy. Still just a dog.
7. Lagotto Romagnolo: Italian for “water dog.” Very fitting for a dog whose main function is to be a “gun dog.”
8. Mudi: It must be pretty bad when this dog reaches the teenager stage.
9. Puli: Maybe these two are cousins?
10. Azawakh: Related to the Sloughi and the Saluki. Apparently someone in Africa had a grand old time coming up with names for these guys.
— McKenzie Leininger, Bonneville High