Three administrators currently at Davis School District have decided to move north and join Ogden schools next year.
On Thursday, April 19, Ogden School District Superintendent Rich Nye appointed 11 new principals and assistant principals in eight elementary schools, two high schools and one junior high school.
“For some reason, I was entertained to come interview for the Ben Lomond job. There is no doubt that they center on student achievement, student safety, overall student welfare,” Poll said. “I guess for the first time in my life I couldn’t be more happy to say ‘Go Ben Lomond! Beat Ogden!’”
Shauna Haney, North Davis Junior High assistant principal, will move to Ogden High School to serve as the assistant principal. And Julie Nelson, Davis School District ELA coordinator, was appointed principal at James Madison Elementary School.
Nye said he is excited to work with the group of administrators next year.
“These group of individuals … (are) committed to supporting our students, our teachers, staff and helping us realize what our purpose is, and that is to meet the needs of students,” Nye said.
The Ogden School District Board of Education also approved the following administrative appointments:
- Don Mendenhall as Highland Junior High School assistant principal
- Tracy Vandeventer as Heritage Elementary School principal
- Shannon Wilcox as Wasatch Elementary School principal
- Janice Bukey as New Bridge Elementary School principal
- Shauntella Cota as Bonneville Elementary School principal
- Sonja Davidson as Odyssey Elementary School principal
- Nichole Goodliffe as Mound Fort Junior High School assistant principal
- Mike Hipwell as network and security engineer