Ten high schools in Weber School District will have new principals next school year.
Principal Chris Ernest, currently at Orion Junior High, will move to Weber High School. Her appointment was one of 21 administrative assignments announced at the April 11 school board meeting. All will take effect by the 2018-2019 school year.
“I still don’t think I’ve caught my breath,” Ernest said. “I’m very excited about the opportunity to go to Weber High, to be a Warrior.”
Ernest has been working for Weber School District for 27 years. She taught at South Ogden Junior High for 19 years.
Matt Patterson, STEM curriculum specialist, will replace her as the new principal of Orion Junior High.
The outgoing principal of Weber High, Velden Wardle, will take over at South Ogden Junior High.
Bonneville High School Principal Larry Hadley was appointed as the district’s human resources director. His successor will be Brock Mitchell, who is now the school’s assistant principal.
“I’m very humble and very taken aback by the opportunity to step in at Bonneville — it’s been the only place that I’ve been as an administrator,” Mitchell said. “I know that it’s a school that has a lot of pride and strong traditions, and I want to just continue to grow those traditions.”
Three elementary schools will also see new principals.
The Weber School District Board of Education also approved the following administrative appointments:
- Quinn Karlinsly as special education director
- Sheri Heiter as curriculum director
- Jennifer Warren as special education supervisor
- Julianna Woodbury as Canyon View School principal
- Bryce Balliff as Weber High School assistant principal
- Rod Belnap as Career and Technical Education director
- Sherry Patton as assistant principal at Bonneville High School
- Jeff Marchant as assistant principal at Fremont High School
- Steve Short as assistant principal at Wahlquist Junior High School
- Kari Breeding as elementary intern
- Janene Salt as elementary intern
- Quincy Pearce as secondary intern at Weber High School