OGDEN — After months on the lam, police have arrested the man they believe gunned down a 23-year-old Ogden man in June 2018.

Keshaun Mykel Puente, 21, was booked into the Weber County Jail Tuesday afternoon and is being held on $100,000 bail, according to jail records.

Puente was indicted Nov. 7 on multiple charges, including one count of murder, a first-degree felony; three counts of felony discharge of a firearm, all first-degree felonies.

On June 13, police responded to an address in the 600 block of 23rd Street after reports of shots fired in the area. When they arrived, they found 23-year-old Denero Lamar Snider laying on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds. Snider was taken to McKay-Dee Hospital where he later died from his injuries.

Police later learned from witnesses that Snider and another man — who they believe to be Puente — were seen arguing in a parking lot. Puente allegedly walked to a silver car where a female was standing, and Snider followed him. Puente reportedly went into the car then exited before allegedly pulling a gun out of his waistband and shooting Snider “at almost point blank range,” the affidavit says.

A witness to the shooting tried to follow the silver car as it was fleeing the scene, but later lost it. The witnesses returned to the crime scene and told officers about the car, including the make, model and parts of the license plate number. Police later learned that the same car was pulled over weeks before the shooting, and Puente was the driver. The car was registered to a 17-year-old girl, who police believe to be Puente’s girlfriend, the affidavit says.

Police found security footage of the car after the shooting, but later found the car in North Las Vegas, Nevada. The car was brought back to Utah to be analyzed for evidence. In the car, police found Puente’s birth certificate.

On June 23, police found and interviewed the 17-year-old girl, who said she drove Puente to the location where the shooting occurred. She heard three gunshots before she and Puente fled the scene. The two were planning on vacationing in Las Vegas, so that’s where they went, she reportedly told police. She said Puente was still in Las Vegas, according to the affidavit.

Sometime in early January, Puente was arrested during a traffic stop in North Las Vegas, Nevada, according to Lt. Brian Eynon with the Ogden Police Department.

Two detectives from the OPD extradited Puente back to Ogden before he was booked into jail Tuesday afternoon, Eynon said.

As of Wednesday morning, Puente did not have an initial appearance date set in Ogden’s 2nd District Court.

Jacob Scholl is the Cops and Courts Reporter for the Standard-Examiner. Email him at jscholl@standard.net and follow him on Twitter at @Jacob_Scholl.

See what people are talking about at The Community Table!