OGDEN — Homeless and low-income people are invited to the annual community Thanksgiving dinner 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17, at the Marshall White Center, 222 28th St.
The free meal is sponsored by the Project Success Coalition and the center.
“It’s for the homeless and low-income that don’t want to be alone that day,” said Betty Sawyer, co-founder and directer of Project Success. “It’s just another opportunity to be building community while sharing a meal.”
Sawyer said about 200 people are expected to attend. Sponsors also will deliver meals to 30-40 homebound people, she said.
Entertainment is planned and the Salvation Army and other community groups will offer information at the dinner.
Project Success is a nearly 30-year-old nonprofit that promotes education, health, cultural arts and community building in general, Sawyer said.
“We reach across different boundaries to help make Ogden a better place for all of us,” she said.
Other community Thanksgiving meals in Ogden include:
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Griffin Memorial Church of God in Christ, 2424 E. Ave. in West Ogden. Call 801-710-2016 for more information.
• 3:30 p.m. Ogden Rescue Mission, 2775 Wall Ave. in Ogden. For information, call 801-621-4360.
Wednesday, Nov. 21
• 6 p.m., Genesis Project Church, 3525 Riverdale Road in Ogden. Call 801-896-4370 or visit http://genesisutah.com for information.
Thursday, Nov. 22
• 11 a.m., Lantern House Homeless Shelter, 269 W. 33rd Street in Ogden. For information, call 801-621-5036.
• 4:10 p.m., Ogden Rescue Mission, 2775 Wall Ave. in Ogden. For information, call 801-621-4360.