Oh, Valentine's Day, here you are again!
This is a holiday that conjures up everything from dreams of romance to thoughts of dread. Take a look at our Top 10 lists of foods, dates, couples and more to celebrate the Day of Hearts.
Best Valentine's dates
1. Simple movie and dinner (just make sure the choices are tasteful)
2. Going to a symphony
3. Hosting a Bob Ross painting party
4. Going to Build-A-Bear Workshop and making animals for each other
5. A day at the spa together
6. Visiting a pottery painting shop
7. Letting a drive through the mountains take you anywhere to explore
8. A trip to a science or art museum
9. Going shopping and picking out date outfits for each other
10. Staying in, making dinner, watching TV and enjoying each other's company
— Reagan Housley, Fremont High
Worst Valentine's dates
1. Forgetting about it
2. Going to a bad restaurant (check the reviews before you waste a night)
3. Doing anything outdoors; it's cold as heck!
4. Not doing anything at all when you have a significant other
5. A group date ... let's be honest, it always sucks
6. A date that you can tell the other person spent way too much on. A date becomes dampened by financial stress or guilt, whether you're the giving or receiving party.
7. Attending the high school's pre-planned Valentine's Day functions (not including the school dance). It's great that school officers think about things like this, but no one really wants to play Valentine's Bingo in the auditorium with only a few other couples who couldn't think of anything else to do.
8. Going to a movie only one of you likes
9. Going out of your way to get a thoughtful and meaningful gift and your date gets you one of those cheap $5 stuffed animals from Walgreens
10. Getting all dressed up and excited for a romantic evening, only to find out your date is dumping you instead! (Even worse if it's done over text.)
— TX. staff
Top pickup lines
1. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past again?
2. Hey, I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
3. My doctor says I'm suffering from a lack of vitamin U.
4. Even if there wasn't gravity on Earth, I'd still fall for you.
5. You remind me of my appendix. I've got this funny feeling in my stomach and it's making me want to take you out.
6. If you were a Transformer, you'd be Optimus Fine.
7. I thought happiness started with an H, so why does mine start with U?
8. I'm not a photographer, but I can picture us together.
9. If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together.
10. Do you like raisins? How about a date?
— Jessica Wojciechowski, Clearfield High
Best reasons to be single
1. Spend money on yourself, not your date.
2. Studies show that people in a relationship have a higher chance of breaking up than single people do, and no one wants to deal with that!
3. There's no pressure to always dress up and look good.
4. Watch any show you want and listen to your music — never having to compromise for your partner.
5. More time to explore what you want in life; nobody's holding you back.
6. Make your own rules. Want to travel? Book a flight! Want to stay inside and watch TV all day? Go for it! Whatever makes you happy, just do it!
7. Science says single people don't slip into unhealthy habits as easily, causing them to be more physically fit than those in a relationship.
8. Science also says single people tend to build stronger social networks and develop more as an individual.
9. Being single helps you realize you don't need a romantic relationship to feel complete; just love yourself for who you are.
10. You're single — feel free to let go, have fun and mingle with whomever you want.
— Leah PoVey, Venture High
Top 10 chocolates
1. Milka German chocolate
2. Jacques Torres chocolate
3. Lindt Swiss chocolate
4. Kreuther Handcrafted chocolate
5. Cadbury English chocolate
6. Teuscher Swiss chocolate
7. Vosges Haute chocolate
8. Mrs. Cavanaugh’s chocolates
9. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
10. See’s Candies
— Emma Wiser , Fremont High
Best fictional couples
1. Ron and Hermione — "Harry Potter" series
2. Newt and Tina — "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"
3. Molly and Arthur Weasley — "Harry Potter" series
4. Carl and Ellie — "Up"
5. Harry and Ginny — "Harry Potter" series
6. Tiana and Naveen — "The Princess and the Frog"
7. Flynn Rider and Rapunzel — "Tangled"
8. Mulan and Shang — "Mulan"
9. Hercules and Meg — "Hercules"
10. Kendra and Bracken — "Fablehaven"
— Sierra Clark, Venture High