Winter can be a rough time, as it seems your insides can come to match the coldness outside.
Sometimes it can be hard to overcome the winter blues. With weeks of cold weather yet to come, we've got a few ideas to help you survive the blahs we suffer from this time of year.
1. Find your jams. Go through your playlists again. Find the song that speaks to you and just get groovy. Music will lift your spirits and help you to dance your way through the blues.
• Story continues below video
2. Warm up by the fire with a good book. Disappear into a new place as you get the warmth winter is lacking. The fire may just mesmerize you if you watch it and think of summer and the excitement coming with it.
3. If the sun is out, you should be too. It is important that you get enough vitamin D, as this will help fight off the winter blues and leave you feeling better overall. So get out and soak up the limited rays of sunlight this winter.
4. Binge-watch your favorites. Much like listening to your favorite songs or reading your favorite book, watching and re-watching your favorite shows can help to get you pumped up and ready to beat the blues.
5. Exercise in comfort. Get active and exercise at home or the gym. Either way, get moving. And even though it may not seem like it in the moment, it will lift your spirits and help you to feel better in the long run.
6. Interact through games. Sometimes, all you need to survive the blues is people. One way to get your socializing in this winter is having friends and family over for a game night. Pull out your favorite board games and card games and get playing.
As these are just suggestions, try them out and change things up if necessary. The goal is overcoming the winter blues — so find the way that helps you, and enjoy the season while it still lasts.