The TX. 10: Ways to be in the moment
With the stresses of everyday life — school, family, work and so on — it’s easy to lose sight of the simple things that matter. Try these tips to de-stress and appreciate the moment you’re in right now.
- Breathing exercises. Breathe in blue skies, breathe out the gray!
- Go outside. Even if it’s just for a second, appreciate the visual beauty of nature.
- Meditate in the mornings. Reset your mind with a calm attitude for the day.
- Count your blessings. When you’re frustrated, anxious or even just stuck at a red light, look for things to be grateful for.
- Listen to relaxing music.
- Examine anxieties, then let them go. If there’s worry in the back of your mind, examining why it’s there and consciously letting it go can help a lot. Sometimes you might find that you weren’t actually even worrying about anything in particular and just needed to recognize that there wasn’t a reason behind it!
- Write worries on a paper, then tear the paper up.
- Get enough sleep/take a nap.
- Don’t overbook your schedule. It’s OK to block out time just to recuperate, whether that means curling up with a book alone or having lunch with friends.
– Sierra Clark, Venture High