Volunteer opportunities at local organizations
Weber Human Services is looking for people who can help Northern Utah nonprofits. For more information on volunteer opportunities or to post an opportunity for your organization, call 801-625-3777 or 801-778-6897.
If you are interested in volunteering and do not see what interests you please call us as we have many more opportunities available and will help you find what interests you and best uses your skills. If your organization is in need of volunteers, please give us a call.
- Volunteers needed to help unload approximately 1,000 pumpkins on Oct. 9 in preparation for a huge pumpkin sale at The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd. Those interested in helping should arrive at 12:45 p.m. (on the lawn at 24th Street and Kiesel Avenue in Ogden). For more information, text 801-589-0328.
- Catholic Community Services has volunteering opportunities in the food pantry: setting up, distributing groceries to clients, stocking shelves, cleaning up and assisting with other daily projects, Tuesday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.; and in the warehouse: sorting donations, bagging produce and other food items, Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Foster Grandparent Program and RSVP Grandparent Programs in Weber, Davis, Morgan and Box Elder counties are looking for individuals 55 years of age or older to volunteer as reading tutors to elementary school children who have fallen behind their class. Volunteers are placed at a school close to home and can serve between two to 20 hours per week. Monthly stipend and mileage reimbursements are available to those who qualify.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) give a child a voice and change their story. Must be over 21 and able to pass a background check. For more information of how to volunteer, visit utahcasa.org.
- Senior Companion Program is looking for individuals 55 and older who are living on moderate to low income to serve as companions and friends to homebound individuals in the community. Mileage, training and a small monthly stipend are available.
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is looking for individuals 55 years of age or older to volunteer in local nonprofit organizations such as food banks, shelters, housing complexes, senior centers, wildlife centers, historical museums, schools and more. Mileage reimbursement allowed.
- Habitat for Humanity Restore is looking for volunteers to assist with cleaning, sorting and pricing. The hours to be filled are Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Weber County Sport Shooting Complex is looking for volunteers for the following positions: Range safety office and range reception/cashier. Volunteers need not be certified but must have a basic knowledge of firearms, firearm safety and must take a four-hour class. Individuals must pass a background check and volunteer a minimum of eight hours per month. Training to be provided.
- Weber County Archery Park is looking for volunteers to help with checking in, signing up for memberships, issuing rental equipment and assisting where needed. Call for days and hours information. No experience necessary.
- YCC is looking for volunteers to do yard work around their facility. Hours may vary. Contact Sandy at 801-689-1730.
- Roads to Independence is looking for volunteer receptionist/clerical help. Need to fill 20-30 hours per week. Duties include answering phones, filing and assisting the office manager.
- United Way of Northern Utah is looking for volunteers who love children to help with the following opportunities: Welcome Baby home visitor volunteers to make monthly visits to teach parents about their baby’s developmental milestones; AEIOU tutors and mentors to work with students in schools one-on-one; and Learn With Playgroup volunteers to assist or lead parent and child activities in their local neighborhoods. Fluency in Spanish is a bonus but not a necessity. We ask for a commitment of two hours per month for at least six months for Welcome Baby, one hour per week for 30 weeks during the school year for AEIOU, and two hours per week for six months for Learn with Playgroup. Visit https://uwnu.org/get-involved, call Nicole Hopkinson at 801-399-5584 or email email@example.com to learn more.
- The Circles program through OWCAP is looking for community members to volunteer as allies and help community members break the circle of poverty. Allies are community members who want to be in a supportive, befriending relationship with an individual or family enrolled in the Circles program. Volunteers will need to attend a weekly evening meeting and be paired with participants to provide support. Volunteers are using Zoom at this time.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters are looking for volunteers. For more details, visit their site at bbbsu.org, click on Be a Big, then on drop down click on Get Started. You will need to read and complete each step.
- The Dinosaur Park is in need of docents to talk about rocks, volunteers to help in the laboratory and to help with upcoming events.
- Ogden Nature Center Adopt-a-Spot volunteers needed. No experience needed, just a willingness to get dirty and spend time outside! Come every couple of weeks on your own time to weed and maintain the gardens around our visitor center and education building. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org or http://ogdennaturecenter.org/volunteer.
- The Museums at Union Station is seeking volunteers over the age of 16 to serve on Saturday’s from noon to 4 p.m. in the John M. Browning Firearms Museum, the Utah State Railroad Museum and the Browning-Kimball Classic Car Museum.
- A Center for Grieving Children is in need of volunteers. We are a nonprofit organization that works with children, teens and their families who are experiencing loss because of death, divorce or separation. We train all new volunteers. Volunteers needed to work in the office, make lessons for children, and clean. Please contact us for more information at 801-476-1127 or http://.familysummit.org.
- Davis County area is in need of Meals on Wheels volunteers — drivers and runners. Monday through Friday, hours may vary based on route; routes are about two hours, 10 a.m. to noon. Contact Jennifer Chaffe at 801-525-5052 or email email@example.com.
- Are you feeling lonely and 55 years or older? Would you like someone to call you weekly to visit with you? If you would be interested in having someone call you, then contact us.