homepage logo

Letter: Property tax suggestion for Weber County

May 16, 2024

How about we give a break on property taxes? Let’s say you’re over 65, own your home and have no earned income (on “fixed” income). How about we stop increasing your property taxes on that home (your main residence)? This will allow those with an inflexible income to have some more security in their lives. Weber could certainly update the rate upon its sale or the individual’s passing. This would be something to look forward to for all Weber County residents and encourage stability and ownership of private property. Only applicable to individuals, not vacation homes or rentals, etc.

Yes, this would help me. It could also help you, too.

Roger Bordley



Join thousands already receiving our daily newsletter.

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)