May First Friday Art Stroll features new music pop ups, art exhibits
Friday night is not to be-missed this week — Ogden will be buzzing with new art exhibits, live music and special events all over downtown and the Nine Rails Creative District. New music pop-ups start this month with DJ Bryson Dearden spinning funk, soul and house music from 6-8 p.m. in front of The Corner shop, the small white kiosk on the corner of 25th Street and Washington Boulevard. Ogden’s First Friday Art Stroll, hosted by Ogden City Arts every month, supports arts organizations and independent artists to promote access to the arts for the entire Ogden community. Get out and enjoy the blooming Ogden arts scene at all the hot spots (listed below).
For complete event details, get your map at The Corner and follow these social media outlets for more details: IG @Ogden_Arts / The_Corner_Ogden; FB @OgdenCityArts / TheCorner / OgdensFirstFridayArtStroll.
THINGS TO SEE DURING YOUR MAY STROLL
- Alaskan Gold Connection, 167 Historic 25th St.: Jim Stettler Photography
- Art Box, 455 25th St.: featured artist Sunny Bybee
- Brookey Bakes, 290 Historic 25th St.: artist Chris Barragan
- The Bonneville, 221 25th St.: art show with SLC artist Megan Green
- Cara Koolmees Gallery, 256 Historic 25th St.: See Koolmees images of green and rebirth after our cold winter. Prints available.
- Eccles Art Center, 2580 Jefferson Ave.: “Women: the Creative Edge” 3rd annual art competition exhibit
- Emmisoure Gallery, 2246 B Washington Blvd.: featuring abstract artist Naomi Anson
- Gallery 25, 268 Historic 25th St.: Utah artist Keith Dabb and jam session by musician John Burrows outside
- Ogden Contemporary Arts, 455 25th St.: “The Little Way” immersive art installation and Art Talk with Kansas City artist Rashawn Griffin (6-7 p.m.)
- Ogden Union Station, 2501 Wall Ave.: Community Art Show, the Youth Show, “Struggle for Growth” (Myra Powell Gallery) and “The Golden Spike Chinese Art Show” (Gallery at the Station)
- The Dumke Arts Plaza: exhibit on display by Chakaia Booker
- Open Studio Night at The Monarch, 455 25th St.: Sunflowers for Ukraine Art Exhibit, beer and seltzer bar, 40 creative studios, and more
- Van Sessions at The Monarch, 455 25th St.: live music podcast free and open to the public with Mars Highway (7 p.m.) and Giants in the Oak Tree (8 p.m.)
- The Local Artisan Collective at The Junction, 2371 Kiesel Ave.: featuring Joseph Eilander from The Shark Shack, various classes and artist demos
- Wasatch Roasting Company, 2346 Grant Ave.: featured artist McKenna Powell
Friday, 6-9 p.m., various locations downtown and Weber State University, free, ogdencity.com/770/First-Friday-Art-Stroll