Utah home destroyed after TV dinner fire

Tuesday , October 15, 2013 - 11:00 AM

The Associated Press

GOSHEN -- Utah County deputies say a TV dinner is to blame for a fire that completely destroyed a house in Goshen.

Deputies say a 22-year-old mother put the meal in the microwave Monday and left the room, then heard the smoke detector going off.

Authorities say she got out of the home with her 22-month-old daughter, and was able to get some cars out of the way with the help of neighbors.

Fire crews from Goshen, Genola and Santaquin responded, but were unable to save the home. Damages are estimated at more than $120,000.

The state fire marshal is set to conduct an investigation.

Get the Standard-Examiner Advantage.
ERROR: Template articlesectionpopstories.lmo not found in theme default for section stories!