Utah Jazz season ticket holders are sure to get a chuckle today when they grab their stubs for tonight’s game against the Nuggets.
That’s because bumping and backing on the April Fools’ Day ticket is that former Jazz player, Enes Kanter.
This is the best, unintentional April Fools joke you will see today. pic.twitter.com/Cb5PT15lNr— Brandon Garside (@BGarsideSE) April 1, 2015
In light of the drama that unfolded over the weekend in Salt Lake when Kanter made his return in an OKC uniform, the unintentional appointment of “Big Turk” to today’s ticket is full of irony and perfect timing.
His comments before last Saturday night’s game fired up the Jazz, and likely cost his team the contest, which may prove to be crucial as the season winds down. The Thunder are just 2.5 games ahead of New Orleans for the last spot in the playoffs.
And since he’s been traded, Jazz fans have been treated to the incredible emergence of Rudy Gobert, and a Jazz team that has made its future look even brighter, as Kanter made himself look...foolish.
- Body found at Ogden's 21st Street Pond, police investigating 'suspicious' death
- Police: Man arrested for 'suspicious' death near Ogden's 21st Street Pond
- Weber Sheriff's Office releases name of Roy man killed in Thursday afternoon crash
- Fake letter backfires, ex-bank manager gets 27 months in prison for stealing $565K
- Single vehicle crash on Powder Mountain Road kills man, closes road
- Police release name of Ogden man killed in Friday's fatal car crash
- Standard Deviations: And just like that, apparently I'm an ex-Mormon
- Prep Football: Roy's running game knocks down Syracuse
- LIVE SCORES: Northern Utah high school football updates, Aug. 17
- Ogden City looking to create another downtown redevelopment area
It was a wild opening night of high school football for Northern Utah teams.
Davis High School defeated Bountiful High School 17-0 in their season opener football game at Davis High on Friday, Aug. 17, 2018.
Rob Gray, owner of Radical Instrument Products (RIP), makes guitars in his home shop in Ogden. Two years ago he started offering workshops to teach others the craft. This Saturday, Aug. 18, 2018, he is hosting SLAMM, Salt Lake Association of Music Merchants, the first annual local musical in…
Community members gathered at the Weber County Library in North Ogden on Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018, for a public meeting held by Nordic Valley Ski Resort discussing plans for a proposed massive expansion of the Eden-area resort and development of a gondola connecting the facility with North Ogden.
The days are getting shorter, the school bells are beginning to ring and it's nearly time for high school football.
Cyclist compete in Stage 3: Antelope Island to Layton of the Tour of Utah on Thursday, Aug. 8, 2018, in Layton.
Scottish synth-pop band Chvrches closed out the 2018 Ogden Twilight Concert Series with a show at the Ogden Amphitheater on Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018. Pale Waves also performed at the packed concert.
The Ogden Raptors battled the Orem Owlz on Saturday, Aug. 4, 2018, at Lindquist Field.
Watch Schkyra Morning read her poem "H.O.M.E....," winner of the Ogden Pride Poetry Contest 2018.
- AP-UT--Utah News Digest, UT
- BC-BBY--Little League WS Glance
- BC-FBO--CFL Glance
- COOKING ON DEADLINE: Queso dip great when fresh corn around
- Mussels and fennel combine to make a winning pasta dish
- A matzo ball soup that hits all the marks, plus dumplings
- BC-TV SportsWatch
- A brown rice salad with asparagus that's a hearty side dish